Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Local travel

We are putting our travel guide together.
This is a special section that I came up with a couple years ago. It involves day trips, or things you can easily do in a day from Arkansas City.
The first year we did a radius of 50 miles. Last year it was more about what was along roads that you could travel.
This year will be a bit of both, and a heavy amount of Oklahoma.

My wife and I really like to explore. The price of gas has slowed us a bit, but it is still a favorite activity. I tend to like to just go down a road and see what happens. My wife has every guide book known to mankind, and usually has somewhat of an itinerary in mind.

Often people think of towns or cities as a destination. But there are interesting things out in the country as well.

I would like to hear from any of you about your local travels. Where would you like to go for a day trip.
If anyone wants to write a short story about local travel, I will consider using it.

No comments: