Thursday, October 25, 2007

More on the concert

We're about to get over the concert. I was so tired when it was over I could hardly think. We are catching our breath and gettng our feet back under ourselves. "We" being members of the committee.

I was amazed at how well it went, and I really am thankful to all the people and groups that helped it happen, and to the people who showed up.

We definitely want to do it again next year.

One question is when we should have it. It is kinda neat having it connected to Arkalalah, but the weather is so questionalble. We could have it earlier in the year, but we dont want it at the same time as the Walnut Valley Festival.
It would probably need to be either early September or early October.

So what do you all think?
Should we keep it loosely connected to Arkalalah, or should we try to have it earlier and have a better chance at nicer weather.

Of course, the weather was wonderful. God supplied great weather. I do believe God intervenes at times in our lives. Of course, it could have been that God knew the weather would be nice that day, and nudged us spiritually to set the date for that day. Either way works for me.

One person that needs to be given lots of credit is my partner in this adventure : Telisa Rohr.
She was just the person I needed.
I am good at coming up with ideas, and having faith to keep going no matter what.
My weakness is the details. Often Ill miss some details, and before you know it, im off track and on to something else, and the original idea gets laid by the wayside.

But Telisa is so organized and detail oriented, even her details have details. She is also a dynamo at getting things done.
She gave me the structure I needed, and helped me to focus my efforts on actually doing things instead of just dreaming.

We had a small group that also helped off and on. These people were Monica and Paul HInson, Kim Haggard (sorry if the name's spelled wrong.), Tim Durham, Page Butler... just to name a few.
There were many other volunteers that worked hard and I hope to try to name them all and thank them all personally and publicly as soon as i can.

We hope to soon get organized for next year, and get our committee a little bit more defined.

So, let me know what you think about the timing of the concert.

Peace
james

No comments: