Wednesday, September 26, 2007

different things

Greetings everyone.

Today, Sept. 26, would have been Jodi Sanderholm's birthday. She would have been 20 today. As you know, she was murdered Jan. 5 of this year.

It would be good to pause today and think of her family today. Maybe say a prayer for them too.

Her murder did shock us, and we need to keep her memory alive so that we know that this sort of thing can indeed happen here in Arkansas City.

There is a stalking law in the works - called Jodi's Law - which might help. There are still some legal issues with it, such as defining stalking and so forth, but on the whole it is a good thing.

Apparently it is gaining some momentun, not only in Kansas, but in other states as well.

*******

I noticed a comment on my beer garden post. Go read it if you haven't. Its from one of those people who say "i know this wont get in but ... "
That is a tad manipulative, but I dont censor the comments that people leave, not even when they attack me peronally. Especially not when they attack me personally :).
I probably would remove one with obscene language ... but even then, I can't define obscenity. I know it when i see it though.

Its like politicians say, any attention is good attention.

It is ineresting that the poster jumped on me for being religious and accused me and other religious fanatics of trying to control everyone ... when in the post about the beer garden, I really didn't give an opinion one way or the other.

Im undecided on the beer garden. Let's see how it goes. Being a populist, Im for the people deciding.
's
***************

One good source for information i wanted to mention. The city's web site has a lot of information on it. They have a "document center" which has most of the papers the city commissioners have.
A lof of rumors and oher nonsense could be put to rest if people spent some time there.
The site is www.arkcity.org
from there go to city Government .. and then document center.

*********

I need some help at the paper. I need a copy editor, which could develop into being the news editor, which is pretty much like being assistant editor. It does require a definite set of skills and a very strong work ethic.
But, if anyone out there is interseted, get in touch with me.

The person needs strong English and grammar skills, and talent for proofreading. Also strong computer skills.

No comments: