Sunday, December 28, 2008

Former mayor, city commissioner Janet English passed away Saturday

Just heard that Janet English, former mayor and city commissioner, died Saturday.

Janet Lynn (Ross) English, 62, of Arkansas City, died Saturday, December 27, 2008, at her residence. Funeral services are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, December 31, 2008, at the First Presbyterian Church. Burial will follow at Parker Cemetery. The Reverend Danny Daniel and the Reverend Joyce Daniel will officiate.
The family will greet friends at the funeral home 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so sad when a loved one passes on during the holidays. My dad died during this time and I am so thankful that I videotaped our last Christmas together, because when I start to miss him I sometimes pop in the tape just for those memories.

Anonymous said...

She was a wonderful person that sincerely cared about the community. She had a vision for the town. My sympathy to her family.

Anonymous said...

Bless Janet for her service to the city, bless her family for their loss.