Tuesday, November 4, 2008

3 p.m.

I just went and voted at the agri-business building. It wasnt too bad, but they had been busy all day. I only had to wait about five minutes.
Looks like there's still a steady stream at the rec building.
Polls are open till 7
With this turnout, the results may come in late.

I almost forgot to add.
One thing I noticed was, that there was no one handing out brochures or holding signs near the polling places. In past elections they are there. and i think they have to stay 100 yards away or something like that.
Just seemed odd to me that they weren't there.
Oh well, It was a pleasant surprise. If anyone doesn't know what they need to know by now, im not sure a brochure would help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I should be glad that I did advance voting. I normally go to the rec center, but i had a feeling it was going to be busy this time. What gets me is people going to vote and they don't know who to vote for. I had several people ask me for advice. Ahhh....makes me want to tear my hair out. I told them a little about what i knew about each candidate and let them decide.

Anonymous said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27531033/?GT1=43001

The girl in the pic is totally breaking the law. No campaign material is allowed within 250 feet of the polls. She is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Anonymous said...

how do you know the line isnt 300 feet long

Anonymous said...

Oh geez- This isn't here, It in no way affects you at all. You don't know how far or near she is- So just stop.

Anonymous said...

oh geez.. it just struck me funny that she was standing in line to vote holding a sign supporting a candidate. It is against the law.

You probably saw she was holding an Obama sign, and automatically had to jump to her rescue, but I would have pointed it out no matter what sign she was holding.