Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More obama

Today is the inauguration. It is a big deal. But they are always a big deal, so its no big deal that its a big deal.
What I see in Obama is someone who is trying to bridge the gap between right and left.
Maybe he realizes neither side is "right" .. and that picking the lesser of two evils is not the "right" answer.
The answer is not conservative or liberal - because both are extreme and wrong. - not wrong in a moral sense, but wrong in a truth or factual sense. On most issues, the truth is between the two.
I see him trying to look past that and get to the real answers.
On most issues, if i can get both sides to disagree with me, then I feel like im about at the truth. Truth should always matter more than ideology., but thats a subject for another day.

If he can get people to do that - too look past the labels of conservative or liberal - , he will have been a successful president whether he does anything else or not.

Race is a big issue. Religion is too.
Here is a link to a column that I liked about that.

http://blogs.indystar.com/thoushalt/2009/01/whats_up_with_o.html

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

big deal! It should be for that much money.

Anonymous said...

The population of the United States was 306 million at our last census.

Obama's inauguration is costing anywhere between 150 and 175 million at last reports.

Imagine if, instead of throwing a big party, Obama gave each American citizen half a million dollars?

Now, THAT's the kind of hope and change that I could get behind.

Anonymous said...

Need to work on your math.
That would be about $2 each.

Dead Rabbit said...

Or 50 cents. Got your numbers reversed there

Anonymous said...

50 cents. Not even enough to walk down to Graves and have a soda to celebrates Pres. Obama's day in history.

Anonymous said...

DAMN, I knew I should have stayed in school and went into the hardware business.

haha

Anonymous said...

I celebrated- I went to my freezer and got an ice cream bar. I'm all for doing for myself. I don't think the goverment should have to do for me.

Anonymous said...

I thought you righties were against goverment handouts? Only when it suits you? He raised the money, Each president elect gets $49 mil for inauguration, The rest is up to him. I guess being a "celeberity president" has it's perks! I'm glad that they did donate all that they did, It helped him get elected!

Anonymous said...

He is a good campaigner, that's for sure. He hasn't done anything BUT campaign, so we will have to wait to see what kind of leader he really is.

I just get so tired of the sheep who think he is the new messiah, when he hasn't really done anything yet.

I will withhold judgement until he actually does something. He has broken lots of promises so far, so we will see how it goes.